Top Reasons Your Startup Didn’t Get Clients
1. Social Media Strategy
- Your startup isn’t utilizing social media platforms. According to eMarketer, nearly one-third of the world uses social networks regularly.
- Social media usage is rising. For instance, TechCrunch mentioned that Instagram hit one billion monthly users in June 2018, after hitting 800 million monthly users in September.
- Moreover, your startup is not posting at the right times which have the most user engagement. If you post on the right times then your business could obtain more traffic to your site which could result in higher revenues.
- The quality of your content is not up to par. You might need to hire a social media agency for better content creation. This could include long form value content that makes the consumer stay on your page longer. This can help your page increase authority on Google search.
- Content marketing gets three times more leads than paid search advertising. (Content Marketing Institute, 2017)
- You need to know more information about your users. Analytics can help you know the average time session, bounce rate, page views, and when your potential customers visit.
- Your business doesn’t advertise on Facebook, Google, or LinkedIn.
- 64.6% of people click on Google ads when they are looking to buy an item online. (Wordstream, 2016)
- Your site doesn’t have animations.
- Your website needs an animation video to explain your product or services. According to Animoto, 75% of millennials watch video on social media daily.
- 64% of consumers say watching a marketing video on Facebook has influenced a purchase decision of theirs in the last month. (Animoto, 2017)
- Using videos on landing pages will increase conversions by 86%. (Wordstream, 2018)
4. Cinematography & Photography
- Your brand needs compelling high end product demos with cinematography and photography.
- If video and text are both available on the same page, 72% of people will watch the video to learn about a product or service rather than read the text. (HubSpot, 2018)
- Your networking skills have to be better to attract potential friends and possible future clients. You have to nurture the relationships for great returns in the future. That means if you have to give free content on your site with blogging rather than creating an online course to get paid, then you must sacrifice in the short term.
- According to Nielsen, 92% of consumers say they trust earned media such as word of mouth from family and friends above all other forms of advertising.
6. Website Development
- Your organization’s website is not performing well because it’s not SEO (Search Engine Optimization) friendly particularly for mobile.
- Strategic landing pages are used by 68% of B2B businesses to acquire leads. (Marketo, 2018)
7. App Development & User Interface Design
- Your business has not established an app to promote the ever increasing mobile consumption.
- If you do have an app and are not getting business it might be a result of your user interface design. The design might not be clean or mobile friendly.
- 89% of people on smart phones are using apps, while only 11% are using standard websites. (Disruptive Advertising, 2018)
Quote to Ponder…
“Nothing works better than just improving your product.”
–Joel Spolsky, co-founder of Stack Overflow