Venture Capital Firms to Consider for Startup Funding
1. Andreessen Horowitz
- Andreessen Horowitz is a private American venture capital firm, founded in 2009 by Marc Andreessen and Ben Horowitz. The company is headquartered in Menlo Park, California.
2. Greylock Partners
- Greylock Partners is one of the oldest venture capital firms, founded in 1965, with committed capital of over $3.5 billion under management. The firm focuses on early-stage companies in the consumer, enterprise software and infrastructure as well as semiconductor sectors.
- Sequoia is a venture capital focused on energy, financial, enterprise, healthcare, internet, and mobile startups.
- Founded in 1983, Accel brings more than three decades of experience building and supporting hundreds of companies. Accel-backed companies include: Atlassian, Braintree, Cloudera, DJI, Dropbox, Dropcam, Etsy, Facebook, Flipkart, Lookout Security, MoPub, Qualtrics, Slack, Spotify, Supercell, Vox Media and others.
5. 500 Startups
- 500 Startups is a global venture capital seed fund with a network of startup programs headquartered in Silicon Valley with over $350M AUM.
- Bessemer Venture Partners started nearly 50 years ago with a simple mission: to help founders push the limits of what’s possible. From seed stage to growth investments, Bessemer invests in consumer, enterprise and healthcare.
7. First Round
- First Round is a venture capital firm that specializes in providing seed-stage funding to technology companies.
8. Battery Ventures
- Battery is a global, technology-focused investment firm. The firm invests in application software, IT infrastructure, consumer internet/mobile & industrial technology.
9. RRE Ventures
- RRE Ventures is a New York-based venture capital firm that offers early-stage funding to software, internet, and communications companies.
10. ff Venture Capital
- ff Venture Capital is a vc firm that specializes in seed-stage and early-stage funding to tech companies. Headquartered in New York City, ff Venture Capital was founded by John Frankel and Alex Katz in 2008, who are general partners at the firm.
11. Bain Capital Ventures
- Bain Capital is a private investment firm based in Boston, Massachusetts. It specializes in private equity, venture capital, credit, public equity, impact investing, life sciences and real estate.
12. Union Square Ventures
- Union Square Ventures is an early stage venture capital fund located in New York City. The fund focuses on IT-enabled services in the media & marketing, financial services, healthcare and telecom verticals.
13. Y Combinator
- Y Combinator is an American seed accelerator, started in March 2005. Y Combinator has spawned a number of highly successful companies and is consistently ranked at the top of U.S. accelerators.
14. Social Starts
- Social Starts is a $60M+ venture capital partnership with a uniquely data-driven approach to investing in moment-of-inception and Series A financing rounds.